Yoroniku / よろにく - An emotional meal


Just about the best meal of my life
Exit from Omotesando station Exit B1
Type in よろにく on googlemap and it should take you 10-15 mins walk.


1. You have to make a reservation.
2. The beef is life changing
3. Expect to spend from >100SGD per person


We went walking in the cold trudging towards yoroniku to find out that they are full for the night and the next night too. That was 2 very hungry, cold, dissapointed and tired girls.

Ended up on a reservation 2 days later on a 9pm seating.



Secluded in a small alley, down the basement.
From the outside, it does not even look like anything.

We went for a 9 cut sample course, sampling different parts of a Wagyu cow.
It was educational, emotional, and an eye opener.




The pink meat in the middle, is the hip part of the cow, served raw.
It was so good, melty, smooth, tasty.
Already mindblown on the first sampler. Where do I go from here???


Stomach 


Assorted raw parts chopped 

From left to right - Shoulder, Tongue, Heart

The server will cook piece by piece for you, and heart is semiraw in the middle.
It does taste like how I imagined a heart to taste like and it is so freaking unbelievably good.

Okay, I believe at this point of the time I have finished all possible vocabulary I know,
and I'm not even halfway through yet.


Best thing you don't have to even worry about it being overcooked,
just sit back and relax and the server will cook it for you, they know their stuffs.
You are in good hands.

For different meats, they give you different instructions.
For example 'First bite no sauce, second bite with sauce or lemon'
It makes every bite an exciting wondrous adventure you never know what you are going to taste next.




Then there is this part just above the stomach called Tsuchinoko which was my favouritest part.
I know technically that is not a word. Well, but now it is.

Wrap this meat around the ball of sushi rice.
Unbelievably good again.


Above sirloin, with chopped radish in sauce.
We were supposed to mix up the radish and dip in this sauce.
As usual, first bite no sauce, second bite with sauce.
I didn't know sirloin tasted like that.


Last meat of the day.
Looking at this picture I feel very sad.
I know it is a long time later before I get to go back to Tokyo again.

So in above picture, when the meat is half cooked, we quickly dipped it in sauce, 
then throw in the egg yolk bowl, mixed up in the gooey mess and there goes - A party in my mouth. 

Just when I thought that was the grand finale,
Oh the soba is to die for.


I've never liked soba in my life. 
To me it is just some tasteless cold noodles.

This this this, the noodles were al dente, and soup was refreshing.
So the server gave instructions again. 

First mouthful, eat the soba on its own,
Second mouthful, put in the wasabi,
Third put in the seaweed.

Every step was heaven, a different kind of heaven on its own.
There is no which is better than which.

To me, the soba was the grand finale.




Of course we had stomach for dessert.
Please you must order the houjicha, black bean shaved ice dessert.

I can't wait to go back.