Tsukiji Market/ 築地市場



Woke up bright and early to go to the famous Tsukiji market.

The top Japanese restaurants in Singapore imports direct from Tsukiji market three to four times a week. Max is four!

We were lost and the usually reliable googlemaps proved to be quite useless in Japan.
So always plan in advance, so you know which stalls to head to straight.





Holy best Tamago I have ever eaten in my life.





So the highly raved number one sushi in Tsukiji Market is Sushi Dai. - 大寿司
Followed by Sushi Daiwa - 大河寿司

Sushi Daiwa's owner is son of Sushi Dai.

The queue was too ridiculously long, and it was raining and freezing cold, 
the queue snaked out onto the road where there was no shelter and people were holding umbrellas.

We did not queue.

We settled for Sushi Zanmai where we saw some locals queueing, and got in within 10 mins.





Damn, it was fresh, and melty. I can still remember the taste in my mouth.

But honestly in my opinion, the sashimi in many other restaurants in Tokyo would most probably have been on par.
For example, Midori sushi at Mark City, same taste minus the crowd (but must take queue number).

Well maybe I am too amateurish in sushi-eating that everything in Tokyo seems fantastic and excitable to my tastebuds.