Our first Home!


We bought our home way way faster than expected! Who would have thought???

Long story short, Wilford is a foreigner so we are not eligible to apply for BTO flat. We had to look around on the Resale market and even then, we are not entitled to most government grants, plus our loan amount is only based on my own income, not considering his. So if you understand, you would know that our journey to getting a HDB flat is a little more arduous compared to Singaporean couples. We could wait and wait for his PR application to be approved, but that would be i-don't-know-when and I don't like fate deciding my future. So we decided OK, we would get a RESALE flat, a newer one, we would do without the grants, we would WIPE OUT OUR HIS SAVINGS to top up for the cash portion which our loan is unable to finance. 

AND MAN, WE WERE LUCKY!
We found a corner unit, on high floor, 4 bedroom, relatively new, well maintained, ready to move-in condition, close to the train station. Heeeeheeeeheeee.

We are part happy & excited, but also part sad to part with our money.
But surely I need to congratulate ourselves on owning our very first property! 
(and many more to come yes)

Now, I am filled with a huge desire to perfect our upcoming home, design, renovation and furniture all, and also to bring into it good energy and attitudes. I wish for our place to be filled with lots of hugs and cuddles and laughter, care and kindness, and for us to love one another so much that being away from home will ache. 

And also, I plan to get a cat. 
(I know i know i can't even take care of myself)


"It's not how big the house, it's how happy the home"