Overnight train - Hanoi to Sapa



This was the part of my travel that I was actually looking forward to,
but it turns out to my lowest point in travel.


I got a ticket for a hard sleeper berth,
not knowing that the difference between hard and soft sleeper is the number of beds to a berth.
Soft sleeper = 4 beds to a berth
Hard sleeper = 6 beds to a berth

It was really cramped, I am 155cm if I say it is cramped, it is.










Also, I hurt my finger while I was climbing up to my bed and it was really cramped (again) wtf
Wanted to die again. Shared the berth with 3 china aunties and a china uncle.
They were pleasant, but they spoke in a kind of Chinese I couldn't understand.

 <---- inserts crying emoticon




Tried to force myself to go to sleep





Was tired and groggy and grumpy by the next morning
Reached Lao Cai,

Took a 1 hour bus to Sapa, the driver was playing some old Vietnamese music,
with fresh cool wind blowing in my face. 
It's a sign something better is coming along.





Chester was staying at a mixed dorm backpacker's hostel which I couldn't bring myself to stay in.
I went by, said hi and went to look for other place to stay in






So I eventually settled at a hotel room where I can strip to my undies and walk around in liberation.
And here I stared at the fan while I fall into a deep sleep for the rest of the day...